Task 7 - Video Sharing Site

And now onto video sharing sites - which one will I choose? YouTube of course because lets face it, this is the only one worth searching.

Step 1: find a video on social media. I again went with "social media" in the search field because why fix something that isn't broken. Oh the options, social media, social media marketing, social media ted talk, social media short film, social media detox...the list goes on. I stayed true to my initial search and went with just plain old social media.

Now the videos, so many to choose from like "You will wish you watched this before you started using social media" - um sounds a little scary, let move on...

"Are you living an Insta lie?" - is anyone else getting flashbacks to Pitch Perfect - Aca-cuse me!!

"Jaron Lanier interview on how social media ruins your life" - for a social media site it sure has a lot of negative social media videos. But props for making these types of videos available to the public.

Wait..wait...I've got it!! The perfect video for this task is " Most epic comebacks in social media history"






YouTube is always fun to use and you can fall down a rabbit hole for hours going from one video to the next. The options for more videos similar to the one that you are watching, ones that you have watched in the past or videos from channels that you have subscribed to, this is why I lose so much time to YouTube. Again searching for a social media video, while initially concerning due to all the hate videos, turned out to again be more fun than initially thought (thank you epic comebacks for saving the day).

Lastly, how could a library use this form of social media? Let me put on my thinking hat, whoops that was the dancing hat. Ok now I have the thinking hat on. This again can be used as a means of communication to new and existing patrons. The library could post different videos showing events in the past (with permission from anyone in said video) and information on future events. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts